All photos are copyright John Tully, Concord Monitor, Midland Daily News, The Washington Times, The Patriot-News, The Free Lance-Star, or The Potomac News © 2008.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Homeschool

A little while ago, I was given the topic, 'Homeschool,' and a deadline. With a few other Sunday projects mixing around, the homeschool story got bumped ahead a week. So, after getting initial information for the story, I made some additional contacts and spent several hours one day at a homeschool co-op in Midland that meets on Tuesdays. From there, I met Kelly Aguilera and her 8 children between preschool and a senior in college and was able to hang out with them yesterday. I wish I had more time, but so it goes sometimes.

homeschool02

homeschool01

homeschool04

homeschool03

homeschool06

homeschool08

homeschool07

homeschool05

homeschool09

2 comments:

August Kryger said...

Some nice moments and beautiful light in many of these, well done.

Alison said...

Thank you for sharing! Beautiful photos. I have the privilege of knowing the Aguilera's personally. They are a wonderful dedicated family.

I was almost exclusively home-schooled with the exception of a few months for second grade (in 1986). I am so thankful to my parents for choosing to do teach me at home. I have gone on to excel in college, making Dean's list twice and Vice President's once and I'm not done attending yet! :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
I am a staff photojournalist at the Concord Monitor. I am a graduate of the University of Missouri School of Journalism and was a student at the Danish School of Journalism. Upon graduation, I worked at the Midland Daily News for nearly two years from 2008-2010.