All photos are copyright John Tully, Concord Monitor, Midland Daily News, The Washington Times, The Patriot-News, The Free Lance-Star, or The Potomac News © 2008.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Detainment Follow up

This letter was on my desk the other week and the effort taken to look into this is greatly appreciated. I only hope the incident won't happen in the future. In a few days I'll repost my account of what took place. I had it on my blog originally that same day, but decided to take it down until I researched a little more about my rights and we discussed it further at the newspaper.

letter

5 comments:

Justin said...

Very useful information John. Thanks for posting.

Steve Bartel said...

Awesome. I'd carry a copy in your camera bag.

Tully said...

thanks Justin and Steve. I may make a copy to frame (haha) and thought about carrying it in my bag.

Ryan J. Stanton said...

According to what I learned in media law in college, police have absolutely no right to seize any of your property in a situation like that. Of course, who knows how "Homeland Security" has changed that ...

Dave Ellis said...

I'm moving to Midland just so that I can vote for that guy when he's up for re-election.

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
I am a staff photojournalist at the Concord Monitor. I am a graduate of the University of Missouri School of Journalism and was a student at the Danish School of Journalism. Upon graduation, I worked at the Midland Daily News for nearly two years from 2008-2010.